Click here for more graphics and gifs!Click here for more graphics and gifs!Click here for more graphics and gifs!Click here for more graphics and gifs!

About Me

My photo
Complex and grumpy but tries hard to please.

Tuesday 27 November 2012

Crash and Burn


It has been a difficult couple of weeks.

I have been unwell and I don’t do illness as a rule. However, I have been knocked for six with this particular problem. I’ve lost half a stone in a week and although I’m on the mend I still feel weak.

The long and short of this is that my fitness has gone through the floor. I did an Aquathlon in Burntwood and my first swimming Masters event in Derby during my illness when I should really have pulled out of them. Not surprisingly, I bombed in both. I got a worst ever time for my 5k in the Aquathlon. The swimming was a disaster.

I am 2 weeks alcohol-free and not missing it in the slightest. The appetite is only just starting to return and the strength to do anything.

I have another Aquathlon this week. Maybe I shouldn’t be doing it but as I mentioned above, I don’t do illness.

1 comment:

  1. Hats off to you for not giving up but you clearly should NOT have done them. Listen to your body or it will be detrimental both physically and mentally. Hope you're feeling much better soon :)

    ReplyDelete