Click here for more graphics and gifs!Click here for more graphics and gifs!Click here for more graphics and gifs!Click here for more graphics and gifs!

About Me

My photo
Complex and grumpy but tries hard to please.

Wednesday 10 April 2013

If you see Sid, tell him...

"I wish I'd never told Sid"
It’s strange how I get a massive spike in hits from China at the same time that my blog gets hacked, isn’t it?  Now, I’ve deleted all the dodgy html code that had been added I can get things updated.

I seem to have hit a plateau in my fitness. In fact, it is deteriorating, which makes me think health issues again. I haven’t been fully fit since November and I just can’t seem to shake one or two issues off. Consequently, my times are markedly much poorer than they should be at this point or indeed what they were 6 months ago. However, at Easter, I had a Forrest Gump moment and just kept running and running. 20km of canal trail between Worksop and Ranby was very liberating. Flat, quiet and scenic.

I’ve managed a couple of Aquathlons this year; Burntwood (snowed) and Sandwell. The Sandwell event (confusingly at Cradley Heath) was a particularly cruel course. Needless to say, with the way I have been feeling, I didn’t pull up any trees with my time and positions. Next up is the first Triathlon of the year, Lincoln. I’m far from prepared for it but I will do my best. I’ll see if things pick up in the next few weeks. If not, I will be visiting the doctor again.
 
……………………..
Tokyo Witch Hunt played a great gig in Leeds after taking the Winter off.  A second gig there had to be cancelled because of the heavy snowfall. Further gigs are in the pipeline but I am struggling with my scheduling at the minute.

……………………………
So Thatcher is dead but even in death she is still shafting the nation at a time of austerity. £8 million to dispose of her is abhorrent. My suggestion is to strap her to a missile for delivery to Mr Kim Jong-un.  

From my window I can see the wasteland that was Orgreave Coking plant and the fields above the railway line where the miners were brutalised. I went to school with children from year-long striking families. I also went to school with someone who sat alongside myself and those children that is now a current sitting Conservative MP and who will be in the House of Commons today listening to Thatcher tributes.

Has privatisation of utilities, the railway, the steelworks, the mines and sale of council houses made a difference? Yes. It has closed down GB as a manufacturing nation, driven up costs of energy and travel, killed off coal and steel communities, created a shortage of housing and put unemployment at 3 million.

 Don’t even get me started on the Poll Tax. I refused to pay it and duly received a court summons which was a point of principal that had to be seen through.

 Thatcherism repulsed me and I have never voted Conservative nor ever will.

 If you see Sid, tell him!




No comments:

Post a Comment