Click here for more graphics and gifs!Click here for more graphics and gifs!Click here for more graphics and gifs!Click here for more graphics and gifs!

About Me

My photo
Complex and grumpy but tries hard to please.

Monday 4 February 2013

Kicking Up A Stink

Down at the local pool....not!


I got asked to a jam night at The Springvale Pub. The fact that I got blisters playing proves how long it is since I picked up a guitar. Anyway, it’s always nice to play with a live band. There were five of us who had never played together, nor even met each other before the night. However, we rocked out to Roll Over Beethoven, I Saw Here Standing There and, of course, Johnny B Goode. Made a nice change.

Sticking with music, I called Sheffield Arena Box Office to get tickets to see The Who. All were gone within an hour of going on sale except the crappy seats. Would have been nice to see them again but I’m not that desperate. Another time, maybe.

After a pool workout the other day, a young chap came up to me in the Reception area and asked me if I swam every day and if I did triathlons. He was impressed with my swimming. This was quite an ego boost for me. I’m far from the finished article but the compliment was a good feeling.

I managed 25:18 at the 5km Park Run. This was the 100th at Concord. It was quite windy and cold. I was trying to go sub 25 mins but I went off too hard at the start and flagged a little towards the end. Next week!


Back in the pool on Sunday morning, I managed 2km amidst the bingo-winged chatterboxes doing breadths whilst navigating beach balls and such like. However, it was the first time I had ever smelt someone’s perfume whilst having my head under water. The smell was pungent enough to be so noticeable under 6 feet of chlorinated water. That’s what I call strong perfume! Why do women wear perfume and makeup to go swimming?  

 Bizarre.

No comments:

Post a Comment