Click here for more graphics and gifs!Click here for more graphics and gifs!Click here for more graphics and gifs!Click here for more graphics and gifs!

About Me

My photo
Complex and grumpy but tries hard to please.

Thursday 6 September 2012

The Strange Case of the Disappearing Rectangular Hay Bale




The last throws of a Summer sun on harvested fields always evoke memories of offering up my tin of baked beans as a gift to the poor at the St. Vincent’s school harvest festival mass. That, and singing, “We plough the fields and scatter..”

I love harvest time imagery, especially seeing the bales of hay, set out as a collection of monoliths on a low sun bathed hillside on a September evening. But I’m troubled.

Whilst passing field after field, I have been seeing only round hay bales. What ever happened to the rectangular bales that we used to make dens out of as childen? Have aliens moved on from crop circle making to rectangular hay bale rustling?

Yes, I am right. I have just seen a lorry carrying a load of rectangular bales heading South on the M1 near Bolsover.  Where do they take them and what do they need them for?  Can we stop the alien invasion by cutting off their silage supply? Does this mean aliens are vegetarians?

Troubling times.

No comments:

Post a Comment