Click here for more graphics and gifs!Click here for more graphics and gifs!Click here for more graphics and gifs!Click here for more graphics and gifs!

About Me

My photo
Complex and grumpy but tries hard to please.

Monday 15 October 2012

High Speed Crash


It’s been a good training week.

With a hiatus on races, I’d made a decision to concentrate mainly on my swimming over the next month. My ASA membership card had dropped through the letterbox and I received email confirmation of membership of Trafford Metro Swimming Club. This meant I could complete entry forms for upcoming Masters events, something that I’m really looking forward to competing in.

With the entry forms I have to submit my anticipated race times for each distance and stroke event that I intend to compete in. Having concentrated on stamina and endurance latterly, I haven’t done any real work on speed for months. Therefore, it was time to dig out the Speedo Aquacoach to find out how I’ve been getting along. The Aquacoach is worn like a wrist watch in the pool and measures, time, speed, stroke count, laps (lengths) and calories burnt. I took measurements over various distances using breast stroke and front crawl.
Speedo Aquacoach
 
Using my Finis Tempo Trainer to pace myself, I was very pleased with the improvement in my times. Bearing in mind I was using a slow in-water start as opposed to a dive start, the times were vastly improved compared to my last measurements about 6 months ago. In fact, I am now swimming faster than my competitive school days. I managed to smash my 100m breakstroke time by 10 secs. Either I am much fitter than I ever have been (probable) or the pools are getting shorter (less probable).
Finis Tempo Trainer
 After recording my measurements, I dug out the results of last year’s Etwall Masters meeting (Etwall will be my first Masters event next month) and noted that I would have come top five in most of my events, including a winning time for the 100m Breast stroke.

Seems I’m doing ok at the minute but no room for complacency.

No comments:

Post a Comment