Click here for more graphics and gifs!Click here for more graphics and gifs!Click here for more graphics and gifs!Click here for more graphics and gifs!

About Me

My photo
Complex and grumpy but tries hard to please.

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Get Out Of My Way!



This week I headed back to the pool, though not my usual one.

I had a run-in with staff where I normally train. My frustration boiled over at their inability to manage other pool users. I refrain from using the term “swimmers” because little swimming was being done in the pool other than by me. I pointed those aggrieving me to the alternate pool with the play slide and told them they would be more suited to that. Failing that, to stay at home and sit in the bath and play with a rubber duck. I’d had enough.

My work hours don’t match when lane swimming is available and I have to do my serious training in amongst the general public splashers. I am a long way behind in my training target as a result. I am unable to measure my speed/distance times accurately (and therefore my progress) because I either have to stop or swim around people stood chatting/swimming side by side or just being a general nuisance.

I don’t selfishly expect a whole pool to myself but I do show respect for other users. I expect the same to reciprocate.

And in other news….

Izzie has been texting me nonsensically for the past hour. Now I have finally made sense of her excitement. She is adding vocals to a piece of music that I sent her which it appears is coming together quite well.

I had a bit of fun using text to speech synthesised backing vocals over some heavily filtered synth parts which I squashed the hell out of. Lots of delay (an Izzie trademark…trademark…trademark :) ).

I await the results from her.

2 comments:

  1. Splish splash,splish splash,splash splash splash splash.
    (nonsensical appropriate addition with added delay ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people are really cheeky on here!

    ReplyDelete