Click here for more graphics and gifs!Click here for more graphics and gifs!Click here for more graphics and gifs!Click here for more graphics and gifs!

About Me

My photo
Complex and grumpy but tries hard to please.

Sunday 12 August 2012

Weekend Musings

I went for an overdue haircut today. Even the person cutting my hair couldn't resist commenting, "It's been a while, hasn't it?" Yes, 3 months. I'm busy!

That trauma out of the way, I walked through Sheffield town centre (forgot to nosey at the newly gold painted Jessica Ennis mailbox) and bought a copy of Triathlon 220 magazine. I called in at the Brown Bear and in a step towards becoming an Iron Man one day I ordered a pint of stout (Samuel Smith) to get a shot of iron in me. £2.20.




Whilst reading the magazine I made a few decisions and set myself some targets for the next few months.

1. Swimming - get my 1500m down to around the 24 min mark, 100m to 1 min 28 secs, 5km to 1 hour 40mins.

2. Running - 5km sub 22mins, 10km sub 60mins.

3. Cycling - improve speed and work on gradients more

I've got Masters swimming events subject to my ASA  and Club membership being sorted pencilled in, plus a 10km Trail run next month to train for and possibly the Great Yorkshire Run (half marathon). My good muso friend, Lee, is considering being my training partner and we have agreed to have a go at an indoor Triathlon event in November. 15min blasts in the pool, treadmill and cycling machine which are very popular in the USA. .

The long term plan is to work towards a sprint triathlon next year and then Olympic distance at some point.

I need a few more Guinness first before I get to be an Iron Man.






No comments:

Post a Comment